Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ipad Bad For Baby Eyes?

Operation / Surgery


Last week we had our first "hospital experience" in America. Advance only once - it was not really dangerous. Whatever the case - Herbert needed an operation for which he has been lying just under two hours under general anesthesia. But everything went well and he is recovering well!
We had the date in the new Hoag hospital in Irvine. What we really liked was the fact that, almost every nurse / carer / person should participate in the operation, presented before surgery with us. We had quite a bit of fun in the "Preparation for surgery" before Herbert ultimately his "Tequila" was (this was the anesthetist, the first "knockout drops" that he missed Herbert). While the operation I thought I was in the waiting room on (the whole hospital is built more like a hotel - very comfortable). I had got a case number that I could follow on a large flat screen. So I always knew which station Herbert went through straight. Once on the screen "Recovery" (recovery room) was, rang my mobile and even asked the doctor if I would stop me in the waiting area. A short time later he was already there and then explained to me how the surgery had gone and what Herbert would have to consider the next time. Another 15 minutes later I was allowed to rush to the bedside of my husband. Another hour later we were again on the way home. The whole thing was on Wednesday and today, Sonntag, hat Herbert mich schon wieder auf dem Spaziergang mit den Hunde begleitet. Ich bin sehr froh ueber den Ausgang der Operation und das mein bester Freund/Eheman ganz bald wieder ganz gesund sein wird!
Last week we had our first experience with an american hospital. First of all - it wasn't anything really dangerous. But still - Herbert needed surgery and was under full anesthesia for almost two hours. Everything went good and he is recovering very well.
We went to the new Hoag Hospital in Irvine. What we really liked was the fact that almost every nurse, who was supposed to be part of the surgeon team, introduced her/himself while Herbert was in pre-op. I have to say we had quite a little bit fun before Herbert got his "Tequila" (that's how the anesthesia guy called the first knock-out cocktail he gave Herbert). During the surgery I was waiting in the waiting area. I got a case number and was able to follow almost every station Herbert went during his procedure. As soon as the screen said "recovery" my cell rang and the doctor asked if I'm in the waiting area. Just a few minutes later he showed up and explained how everything went and what Herbert should do at home. I just had to wait another fifteen minutes before I was allowed to get back to my husbands bed. Another hour later we were on our way home. That was on Wednesday and today, Sunday, Herbert was already coming along while I was walking the doggies! I'm very happy with the outcome of the surgery and that my best friend / husband is going to be healthy again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment